Another Award For Helen’s Decor
|October 2, 2013||Posted by Helen under Home Decor & Travel|
The “Liebster Blog” award is given to up coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German and means sweetest. kindest, nicest, beloved, loveliest, cutest…The rules for the Liebster Award are:Here are the rules to follow:
Acknowledge the person who nominated you–Thanks you, Julie for nominating me for this award..I’m looking forward to knowing you better and this is a terrific way to get acquainted!
Share 11 random facts about yourself
Please, click the underlined words on #5 and #11 below to see photos of our home and surprise trip!
1. Native Texan
2. Youngest of 3 girls
3. Met my husband while I was on a date with another guy, when the car had a flat in front of the bowling alley! And yes, I flirted with him…see #4!
4. We married several years later, and lived in married student housing at Mississippi State University.
5. For decades we dreamed of living on a mountaintop….and it came true!!!
6. I am crazy over the Mississippi Gulf Coast…we lived in Pascagoula, Mississippi, when our son was born. Also, it’s the birthplace of Jimmy Buffett.
7. I love Huntsville, Alabama, another of my many hometowns!
8. When my husband retired early, we decided to take the “Dream Trip” with our friends, Betty and Jim. And it was 3 wonderful weeks traveling in a Skoda station wagon over 1,500 miles. The highlight was attending “The Passion Play” that only is presented every 10 years…plan on the year 2020!
9. While living in Houston, Texas, it happened…what? I became a big city person…love all the great things it has. Actually, we lived in a master planned community, that was planned on paper for 10 years before the first tree was cut…love it…Kingwood, Texas!
10. Bob and I saw Elivs perform in Huntsville, Alabama, not long before he passed.
11. Our son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren treated us to a 45th anniversary trip last year. We all 6 flew from Atlanta, Georgia to Cozumel for 9 days. Family fun at it’s finest! We are still loving the great memories and especially loving that phone call on my birthday to say they wondered if we would like to go! How fast do you think we answered? Fabulous!!!!
Please answer these 11 questions:
What is your favorite room in your house? Master bedroom, because I love that I can see outback and out front, unlike our previous home that only had a side view.
If you could visit any place in the world where would you go? The Parthenon in Athens, Greece..longtime dream trip.
Why did you start blogging? My son convinced me I needed to blog! He set me up on Word Press and I’m so thankful that he did.
What do you like to do for fun? Oh, Julie, there’s so much that I enjoy…travel, shopping, tea rooms.
What is your favorite food to eat? Food I recognize! Southern cooking!
Are you an indoor or outdoor person? If it is cold weather, I’m indoors! In the summer, I love to swim and care for my container plants.
How often do you post? Trying for 2 times per week….recently it’s been more like once per week.
Do you have any pets? No pets, I’m allergic to animals and the list goes on and on.
Are you left handed or right handed? Left handed with scissors — Right handed with everything else
Do you like to cook? I enjoy easy recipes and cook less as we are empty nesters.
Are you a morning person or night person? Definitely night person…if only I were able to change that clock!