Helen Received The Versatile Blog Award
|October 17, 2011||Posted by Helen under Home Decor & Travel|
Y’all are not going to believe how thrilled and shocked, I was yesterday to receive an email from Emily @ 52 mantels. Emily said she was awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award! Who me? Is this a joke of the worse kind!!! So, almost as if shyly (not myself at all), I sneaked into her website and it was TRUE. Emily had chosen my blog. Well that just made the sunshine a bit brighter all day. Thanks, Emily. I hope all my friends will immediately visit Emily. You see Emily and I have something in common…we love mantels or mantles. And decorating them is right up there with shopping for the things to decorate them with. Remember this, we don’t use sewing machines! Seriously, Emily, thank you so very much for this honor. And what a fun one it is going to be…getting to know more bloggers with interest like mine.
Please visit Emily and leave her a note that you found her from my blog.
Emily asked that I tell y’all 7 things about myself…here goes!
1. I’m a native Texan.
2. My husband and I are empty nesters, with one son, daughter-in-law, and two precious elementary school grands.
3. Houses are my business…now decorating; however, I sold them in Houston, Texas, prior to our move to the mountains of Tennessee.
4. Lamps are my absolutely favorite things to decorate with.
5. To quote myself: “if you can count all the lamps, that you have in your home on one hand….you need to go shopping for more lamps!”
6. Emily shared that she has one sewing machine in the box still….well, I have 3 unused ones. The oldest one, I did make a couple of maternity clothes….ages ago. The second one was a fancier machine and it took my friend’s threats that she would come open it for me to get it out of the box. The third one is also old and was in a sewing cabinet we bought at an estate sale for $5…thinking it was just the cabinet. Let’s agree…sewing is not for me!
7. My favorite things/rooms/areas to decorate are mantles, mantels, porches, and arranging flowers.
Now, it’s been my honor to select 15 bloggers today to add to the celebration.
Here are the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank & link back to the person who gave the award to you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Send it along to 15 other bloggers and let them know you have awarded them!